Former Roe charity
school, Church Street, Brixworth
|
This building was constructed in
1811 with funds that had been left in 1665 by Thomas Roe for the education of
children from Brixworth and Scaldwell. It is likely that many of the Howcutt
children at Brixworth during the 19th century spent at least a few years
studying there. The building is now owned by the Friends
of All Saints’, Brixworth and used as a Heritage Centre that is sometimes
open to the public. |
|
|